If you have ever considered writing a book, and you were lucky, someone recommended you try the thirty-day challenge of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). Discovering that you were going to be struggling to bang out 50,000 words in just thirty short days may have been overwhelming. Did you stick with it? Did you tell yourself that you may not have been born a writer but had made serious plans on correcting that oversight?
If this sounds like you, I highly recommend No Plot? No Problem! However, if you are not interested in participating in NaNoWriMo, this book may not be for you. Author, and creator of NaNoWriMo, Chris Baty provides tons of suggestions and words of encouragement all in the framework of completing your novel. Having "competed" myself last year, I would have benefited immensely from this book. There were times when I wasn't sure what my problem was, but I knew that I was struggling.
In this book, Chris offers practical advice citing time and again a wealth of experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment