Day 1: Introduce Yourself
So, my blogging handle is Mister Box, but my name is James. That earned me a lot of scorn from kids just learning about movies when I was growing up. Some kids called me James Bond and I decided I was going to own it. I got myself a briefcase, trenchcoat, and an attitude that was essentially: "I can handle any situation." I don't think that my parents had that intention when they named me, but there you are.
I can't, by the way. Handle any situation, that is. I have Major Depressive Disorder and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Sometimes I can't handle Walmart.Also, I'm autistic so sometimes I can't handle talking to people. I was in a rollover accident (sort of) so sometimes I can't handle laying flat on my back for long periods of time.
When I was in the Fourth Grade, it rained hard one day so I wore a raincoat. I was getting ready to go down this hill, but in order to be cool, I was going to jump over the guardrail. In order to be even cooler, I was going to do it without taking my hands out of my pockets. The inevitable happened: I hit the top of the railing with my feet, flipped over the top of it, and then slammed face-first onto the ground. But, because this was a hill, I landed at a sharp decline and began sliding head-first down the hill with my hands still jammed in my pockets.
To my knowledge, this is the most embarrassing thing to have happened to me that day.
My favorite president was George Washington mostly for setting the tone for all other presidents after him. Resign from a position of authority peacefully? Share responsibilities in ruling the people? Plus, his second inaugural speech is pretty awesome.
Speaking of movies, I'm pretty into movies. I would say three of my top two hundred movies in no particular order are Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Scott Pilgrim Vs The World, and Limitless.
Were we to talk about books, in no particular order, Ex-Heroes, 14, Ender's Game.
I'm married with two kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment